Saturday, May 8, 2010

A friend of mine is going through some major life change herself right now and she did a blog titled "leaving comfort for courage" and it resonated with me big time.  It's time I leave the comfort of life and find the courage, faith and hope in myself to be the best possible Rachel I can be.

First things first start shedding the lbs.  I have felt for years now that if I could lose weight I would find happiness.  I didn't know what road to take then but I do now. However I know weight loss alone will not bring happiness this journey I am embarking on is hard for me personally because it means I have to think about myself for once, put myself higher on the priority list and make time to do what I need to do to make this work.

My goals of course are weight loss, but I'm also hoping to find myself again in this process to not only cleanse my body but cleanse a bruised and crushed soul and mind.  I need to find every toxin in my life and eliminate it.  Life is so short I do not need toxic people or things in my life bringing me down.  I aim to gain courage.  Courage to be the best mother, wife, friend and person I know I can be.  It's time to cleanse my life of negativity and self doubt.  

I think ultimately I really just want to love again, love life, love existence, love myself. 

3 comments:

  1. I believe you can do anything you put your mind to - and if this is what you think you need to do to love Rachel like we do, then I'm behind you 100%. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Rachel. I will be praying for you!! We totally love you and can't wait to see what comes from this (for your benefit!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is amazing and you are very courageous for taking it on adn sharing with us. I think we could all do a little of leaving comfort for courage. You know that everyone has a story and has their own toxins in their lives, but it is really hard to admit and talk about. We have a problem trying to make people think our lives are perfect, when they arent. Only Jesus Christ was perfect. Love you girl, keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete